Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday Plein Air - Worthington Green on the Square

We had a lovely morning painting! The sun was shining, the birds were singing and there were lots of happy painters painting! We painted in Worthington on the square. 







I setup near the Griswold Center and painted the pine. There were some nice shadows early on, behind the tree to the left, so I wanted to get those painted in early (hard to see the shadows in this photo). 
It took some time, but finally one of my brushstrokes laid down just right! 
I was painting with my back to the sun, and should have brought my shade umbrella. I had a lot of glare on the canvas while I was painting.




Very happy with the finished painting!
"Pine with Path", 8x10, oil, on canvas mounted on Gatorboard

1 comment:

Linda Hill said...

Very lovely, Nancy.