Saturday, June 16, 2012

Plein Air Saturday–Scioto Park

It was a perfect day today. The temps were very comfortable, there was a slight breeze, and a few of us were sitting along side the river in the shade. I was working with pastels today on PastelMat paper. I had put my camera in my backpack, but unfortunately, my memory card was still in the computer at home! I used my cellphone camera. Once home, I realized that my cellphone camera was set to fluorescent instead of auto white balance. You can see below, that the color is way off.

river

I was happy how my painting turned out:

finalweb

River Rocks, 9x5, pastel on PastelMat

After I left the group, I continued to have a nice day. I stopped for lunch then browsed at a couple consignment shops, and finally a couple yard sales. I found some closet shelving units for $2 each, and at my last stop I found something I was really looking for - FREE on the curb!

Nice day!

No comments: