Saturday, June 02, 2012

Plein Air Saturday–Orange Twp Park

Today, we painted at a nice little township park I discovered a couple months ago, very close to my home. The Orange Township Park has two small ponds along the bike trail. I was intrigued with the smaller pond and the little log shelter on the far side of the pond.

IMG_3829

IMG_3827

Because it was very windy today, I setup with the shelter at my back. I loved the scene looking to the east, with the sun peeking through the trees across the pond, and through the smaller bush to my right. I hurriedly setup and got painting before the light changed.

IMG_3842

 

IMG_3839

IMG_3841

IMG_3843

IMG_3845

IMG_3848

IMG_3849

I was very happy how this painting turned out and I forced myself to stop before I messed it up.

I then took a walk around the park, chatting with the other painters. I went down to the larger pond and watched Tom paint, and right at his feet were two tiny Mallard ducklings. They were oblivious to us, and were busy bobbing around and dipping under to feed. (Baby duck butts! How cute is that??)

IMG_3851

IMG_3853

IMG_3854

No comments: