Saturday, October 10, 2009

Plein Air Saturday - Schiller Park

Today the group met in Schiller Park in German Village, Columbus. It could have been called Chiller Park. It was COLD. The sky was grey, the wind was brisk and the temp was in the mid 40s. Brrrrr.

This is a pretty busy city park. Lots of geese and ducks on the pond (I swear the ducks were laughing at us), lots of off-leash dogs and lots of screaming kids.... Very distracting in addition to being so cold! There were about 8 artists working and most didn't get much done today. We decided to quit about 11am and some of us went to a nearby cafe for lunch to get warmed up. This may be my last plein air outing of the year, unless there is a warmer day. I would much rather just take reference photos then to work in the cold.

Here are some pics of the park (the sun decided to arrive about the time we were packing up) and a shot of my setup and pastel painting.

 
My subject (from across the pond)





 

No comments: