Friday, October 16, 2009

New Art Center to Open

The wait is finally over for the new Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington (known as the MAC) which opens this weekend.  The Worthington Area Art League (WAAL) helped MAC over the years with fundraising efforts of $25,000. For the League's effort there is an exhibit corridor named in their honor. As a member of the League, I will be participating in 'demos' over the next few weekends there as the public will be able to casually tour the new Center.

I will exhibit my painting, "Stone Fence Posts" in the WAAL corridor during the open tours. On November 3rd, WAAL members will be able to submit a piece of art to be included in a juried exhibit in the corridor for the month of November. I hope that the jury will accept my painting to be shown for this exhibit. I'll let you know if it does get in the show.

1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Wow, great news there Nancy. I know you'll do great with your demo for the tours.

Your Stone Fence Posts is truely a winner and will look great in the corridor. Keep the good news coming!