Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Plein Air - Painting Powell

We were invited to paint in downtown Powell Ohio by Deb Heimlich of Serendip Gallery. We will have a reception for the artwork painted today, on Sept. 15, 1-3pm, then the artwork will hang in her gallery until Sept. 28th. If you are in the area, please come to the reception or stop by the gallery during the exhibit period.

I checked out Powell scenes several weeks ago, and was interested in this huge 'snow ball' bush at Ellen Sea Art & Antiques & Gifts:

I had hoped to work in pastels today, but because of the forecast for scattered storms, I brought my oils. When I started, the sky was heavily overcast. As the morning progressed, the sun finally peeked through. Below are process shots and the finished painting. I am happy how this one turned out. I think some of the lessons learned at Kim's workshop this week helped me with this painting.






"Ellen's Hydrangea", 8x10, oil on canvas wrapped panel.


No comments: