Monday, August 26, 2013

Kim Casebeer Workshop, Day 1

I took this week off work and am attending a workshop by artist Kim Casebeer hosted by the Friends of the Columbus Cultural Arts Center. Kim works in both oils and pastels, but I decided to work in oils this week to improve my skills.

I painted a scene across the river, while ignoring the railroad trestle. Back at the art center's studio, I am preparing to work from this small study, along with my photo on the iPad, to make a larger, more complex painting.

I hadn't been downtown along the riverfront in several years. They've really improved the area, and it was very pleasant.



By the way, if you use Facebook, I now have a fan "Page" where I will be highlighting my artwork and art activities. Please visit and "Like" my Page so that you will receive updates directly on your News Feed.

 http://www.facebook.com/NancyLVanceArtist 

No comments: