Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pedestrians

This is my watercolor of this week's Different Strokes challenge. It turned out much 'higher key' in the background than I intended. That's the thing with watercolor - you never really know what will happen until it is completely dry. I think I achieved the look of strong sunlight hitting the figures. I am happy with some subtle highlights that appeared on the legs of the figures to the left. This was a quick painting for me and maybe that's the key to my watercolors - get it done quick, let it mellow overnight, and hopefully it turns into a successful little painting - besides, its only paper and there's always another day to paint.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nancy - Another good one!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I like how you cropped the original photo and symplified the scene. Great job.