Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Painting of the Week - Fruit

This week's painting class work. I couldn't find anything that interested me in my reference photos, so got out some fruit and took some pictures. I used a wild dish towel under the plate. It had printed fruit also - watermelon and orange. When I was painting the towel under the plate, I thought it might be confusing to the viewer to see a slice of watermelon UNDER the plate, so I lightened the seeds up a bit. Still not sure that the towel reads right. The plate was difficult to achieve with a nice smooth curve using my big brush. I am pleased with how the fruit turned out, although with the foreshortened photo, the front apple seems out of proportion.

1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Wow, the coloring looks right-on. I envy you taking a painting class.