Monday, November 03, 2008

Honorable Mention - Pear Pair

I won an Honorable Mention for my pastel "Pear Pair" at the Worthington Area Art League, Autumn show at High Road Gallery, Worthington, Ohio! The gallery was packed full of all kinds of art, so I am very happy that my piece stood out to the juror. His comment:
(REVISED) Juror quote: "Nancy's piece excels because of her use of vibrant, expressive color."

I am very pleased to win this award, especially with that huge amount of competition. This is my first award in painting. In the past, I won many awards for my art quilts, but I am always uncomfortable accepting praise for my work, even though that is something we all strive for.

Here are pics before and after it was framed (sorry for the bad framed shot).


1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Oh Nancy, I've been waiting to hear how you did ... I'm so excited for you. No matter how many awards you win, a new award makes you continue to 'try' and do better with each painting. I love how you've framed these. Truely lovely. Congratulation'!!!