Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday Plein Air - Powell Park

Amazingly, we had ANOTHER perfect painting Saturday! We painted at the park beside the police station in Powell. We had a nice size group today, maybe close to 20. After painting, half of us went to lunch at the Liberty Tavern. Good food!

I decided to paint in oils today to try out my new homemade palette. Here it is all ready to go!

And my scene -  lots of greens! I looked around for more colors, but those were mostly architectural, and wasn't brave enough to try those today.
Didn't take many in-process shots, so here is the final painting. I re-painted that pine tree on the left about 100 times and still couldn't get it to read correctly. Although I like my composition, the monotones of green are not too exciting.


No comments: