Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Plein Air - Heavenly Gardens Daylily Farm

We painted at the Heavenly Gardens Daylily Farm today. Jamie Gossard is a world renown daylily hybridizer. The Gossards gave our group permission to paint on their farm. July is peak bloom season for daylilies, and we were not disappointed! We were very overwhelmed, trying to decide what to paint. I took lots of closeup photos for studio paintings, but I setup looking across the yard at this view:
 Unfortunately, I'd forgotten the easel attachment for my Heilman pastel box, so I had to hold my board in my hand, or lay it down on top of the pastels:
 I had intended on painting two pastels in a 4x10" size, as I have some precut mats this size, but I ended up just painting one.

Daylily View, 4" x 10", pastel on Pastelmat paper
 It was a lovely day, and we had about 15 painters show up.




 Oh - by the way, check out my travel blog - I took a little two day retreat this week with some of my painting buddies - nartizttravels.blogspot.com

No comments: