Saturday, July 27, 2013

Plein Air Saturday - Twin Bridges/Hoover Reservoir

It was a rainy Saturday in Ohio. The group had planned on meeting at Twin Bridges on Hoover Reservoir. I planned to just show up, take a few pics, give Andy a package, and come back home. We all sat around in Rich's car chatting until about 9am, when most of the people who usually come would have arrived. There were only 5 of us and since there was no shelter there, we decided to move on down to Sunbury Road to the shelter near Walnut St.

I attempted to paint this view, but ended up wiping that out.
I was working on a small 5x7 Judson's gesso panel. It was a bit slippery for my tastes so it took awhile to get the painting to cooperate. I ended up loosely painting this view with a painting knife:



 This sure shows the atmosphere of the day!

No comments: