Sunday, November 25, 2012

Last Painting before Back to Work

I wanted to get one more painting in before my mini-vacation was over today and I go back to my full-time job. I decided to do an oil painting and painted a bit bigger than my normal size. This panel was already a wipe out from a failed painting so I thought I'd see if I could paint a keeper. My Bosc pears were on their last legs so I took several photos to get a composition I liked.

I seem to be able to only paint very realistic paintings in oil. Guess I should just go with it! Here are my process shots:






Triple Pears, 11" x 14", oil on canvas panel

4 comments:

Linda Hill said...

I love this and enjoyed watching the process.

Karla said...

Love your pears Nancy and seeing your process. Glad you got one more painting in. It's a beauty!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Absolutely beautiful painting with that wonderful light. The colors in this one really makes it an eye-catcher.

Hope you were able to get in as much painting as you had hoped.

Nancy L. Vance said...

Thanks everyone!This one came together pretty quickly in one afternoon.