Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday Studio Work

I haven't been real happy with my oil paintings lately. They have been just blah.... I know what I WANT to do, but getting the paint and the brush to do it is another thing. The application process has always been difficult for me. I tend to over-blend, use too thin of paint and mix dull colors.

I found some artists online whose work excited and motivated me. I noticed they use very colorful under-paintings, don't try to cover every bit of it, and have thick, clear, clean color. The brushstrokes are very deliberate. So last night, I made a few wild under-paintings. Tonight, I sat down to play, so I could use up the paint on my palette from Saturday. I had a GREAT time and am really happy with how it turned out! I have HOPE!!!





2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Isn't it amazing - little warm color shining through here and there is such a great addition. I've only painted one like that and I was thrilled with the end result.

Your painting turned out great with the warmth showing through.

Linda Hill said...

Wow! This is awesome. I have never tried this. I like how it turned out!