Sunday, August 08, 2010

Workshop Day #2

Today the workshop was held at Whetstone Park of Roses in Clintonville. This is a very busy city park. We first setup near the "Edible Garden" - a very aromatic setting to watch Jim's demo! I also was able to take a couple pictures of a hummingbird and a cicada, although you might have to click on the photos to be able to see them.

It was a bit hotter today - but I was pretty pooped - mentally, creatively and physically. I don't have alot of stamina to paint that many hours in two days. Even though I love to be in nature, its demanding to try to find an interesting subject and make it work, while visitors stroll around you. I pretty much painted two stinkers!!  But I was happy that I was able to purchase one of Jim's demo paintings, so at least I came home with one nicely done painting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're too hard on yourself. I think your paintings are spot on. They are great impressionistic representations of the place. My favorite trick is to put my painting on display somewhere in the house and then not look at it for a while. When I see it fresh, I'm usually pleasant surprised. I'm still a big fan of your successes!