Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Oil Painting - Apples

Here is another attempt at an apple painting for the WAAL Fall exhibit. The theme is 'applesauce'. I really liked the photo I took of this setup, as I loved the way the piece of cinnamon in the center of the photo showed the end view of the swirl.

I've worked on this painting a couple days and am very happy how it turned out. Below are some process shots, with the painting on the left and the photo on the right. It took many adjustment in colors and values, and I felt like I learned alot. I would really like to be a bit looser in style instead of trying to be so realistic, but that will come in time.

Cinnamon Stick Apple Tea, 8x10, oil on gessoed mat board.

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I love the loose-ness of the cinnamon and the cup... great!

Nancy L. Vance said...

Thanks so much!!