Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Kitchen Art and More Still Life

Going along with the recent flow of painting, here are a couple more still life! Having great fun with these small paintings. I've taken lots of photos for more paintings.

But first, I want to share something I painted specifically for my kitchen wall. I recently painted over the "builder beige" walls with a lighter warm taupe. I needed something on the only open wall in that area. Below you'll see my collection of 1/2 pint latex "oops" paint. I pick these up at the hardware store paint department. These "oops - wrong color" pots sell for a buck or two. I've used these along with some tube artist acrylic paint on stretched canvas. I don't usually use stretched canvas, but wanted something larger and these were affordable. I used brushes and palette knife.

 Here's the winner on my wall! I wanted something subtle and soft. PERFECT.
Next, I tried a different palette, but this is too bright for my kitchen. It looks pretty good hanging in my studio though!
Here are the newest 6x8" oils on Ampersand Gessobord.




 And this shows the giant piece of 1/4" acrylic I was given. I use it as my mixing palette.




No comments: