Thursday, May 25, 2017

Strike While the Muse is Hot!

I've been posting more on Instagram than my blog! https://www.instagram.com/nancylvance/
Check out my stuff there if you're on Instagram! Makes it really easy to post from my smartphone and then I forget my poor old blog.

I realized I had another painting to show here of the latest barn painting. I was so inspired with the photos I took of the two old barns a couple weeks ago, I had to paint one more scene! Here are some process shots.

I had a bit of trouble with the angles of the barn. In the end, I just settled with what I thought looked fine for my painting, and not a match for the photo. It was a strange angle and not enough of the roof line was visible to show the hip roof correctly. 
I wanted to focus on the corner of the barn where the overhang was sagging and the flowers below that. I got to this stage, and the paint was too wet, so had to let it sit for a day.
Below is the finished painting. I struggled through, and there could be other improvements, but I don't like to overwork at painting.
"Forgotten Barn", 8x10 oil on panel

No comments: