Saturday, July 09, 2016

Saturday Plein Air - Homestead Metro Park

BEAUTIFUL day today for plein air! We met at Homestead Metro Park in Hilliard. This is a really nice park. This was our first visit and everyone said it was perfect for plein air, with lots of interesting water views, buildings, and interesting terrain. The park ranger is arranging for us to have an exhibit this fall in their nature center.

I was using my new Strada Mini easel for the first time. I had the original larger size Strada, but found it was too big and heavy for me, so sold it and ordered the new size smaller. Perfect!
I worked for awhile and had to scrape off part of my painting. I decided to turn to a view to my right and that scene worked much better for me.
"Shallows Shadows", oil on board, 8x10"


No comments: