Sunday, December 01, 2013

What Do You Do with Workshop Paintings?

Back into the studio this morning. I wasn't sure what I wanted to work on, but saw some of my paintings completed in a workshop this fall taped to a board in the corner of the studio. Most of my paintings showed my own style and design, but one was definitely based on the instructor's vision. What do you do with workshop paintings? I don't generally frame paintings that look like the instructor's work, so I decided to re-use the paper.  This painting was on Wallis Belgium Mist paper.
I found my own reference photo of the Galena Mud Flats area. It was a good fit to repaint this. I was fairly happy with the sky portion, but added a few more clouds. I knew the landscape area was too specific to the instructor, so I brushed out most of the pastel in that area to start over.

Below are process shots and the finished painting;




No comments: