Saturday, November 02, 2013

Annual Trek to Zanesville, 69th Annual Ohio Exhibition

Today I took a little road trip to Zanesville Ohio to see the 69th Annual Ohio Exhibition at the Zanesville Museum of Art. I learned of this annual exhibit last year and thought it was a very interesting exhibit in a very interesting museum.

Although the Ohio exhibit brings me to the museum, I am happy to see some pieces from the great masters. We were lucky to visit during the showing of "European Prints and Drawings from the Permanent Collection", which is a historical perspective on images from the great masters of printmaking: Rembrandt, Durer, Piranesi, Goya, Renoir, Matisse, Picasso, Kollwitz, and Chagall.

The museum also has an extensive selection of Ohio glass and pottery, and works by Cezanne, Grandma Moses, Lautrec, Matisse, Picasso, Rembrandt, Rubens. Exceptional Asian, Indian, African, Pre-Columbian collections. Decorative Arts Ancient to Tiffany and a Madame Alexander Doll Collection.

The Ohio show is a juried exhibition open to all Ohio artists and artisans. Seventy-five works by 68 artists around Ohio were chosen for this year's exhibit. I am lucky to know several of the artists personally, and was happy to see their work hanging in such a beautiful show. One of these years I will enter the show myself.

No comments: