Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Road Trip Zanesville

Today instead of painting, I went with my friend Barbara to the Zanesville Museum of Art, Zanesville Ohio to view the 68th Annual Ohio Exhibition. I've lived in Ohio all my life, and never heard of this annual exhibit, nor been to this museum. WOW. This is a very interesting place. There is a very wide range of exhibits here, most part of the permanent collection with some very historic pottery made in Ohio, some Master oil paintings,  and I was happy to see the Ohio Exhibit which included several of my fellow plein air painters. I am surprised my friends didn't mention that they were juried into this wonderful exhibit!

I will let you follow the links above to learn the details, but I thought this whole place was extremely well done. There are three floors of exhibit space. I took a few shots of the third floor area, shown below but there is lots more to see. I will definitely put this on my list of annual road trips. If you are looking for a nearby, quick road trip, give this place a try.







No comments: