Sunday, May 01, 2011

Self Portrait

The DPW Painting Challenge this week was "All about Me" - a self-portrait. I had some paint leftover on my palette from yesterday, so grabbed a small panel that was a goof-up (used for another project but it was not good enough to keep) and painted over it. I like how it turned out with the primary colors showing, from the other project, in the background. Although it doesn't look too much like me - maybe younger, thinner, etc...

This was the first painting painted in my sunroom on my new easel. I'd moved into my new condo almost a year ago, and bought the easel 8 months ago.... but have done most of my painting either in my studio or plein air. This was a good project to christen the sunroom!
All about Me?, 3 x 5, oil


Here's the pic I painted from:

No comments: