Sunday, August 02, 2009

Portrait In Oils - Updated


Align CenterPortrait In Oils, 8 x 10, oil on gessoed mat board

Updated Tues AM:
I scanned the image and got a closer representation to the original and replaced the image above.
Last night, my teacher suggested a couple changes - just subtle things you probably wouldn't really notice but he said the piece was very well done. I am really enjoying working in the oil paints... surprise surprise....

Original post:
I finished the portrait in oils that I started a couple weeks ago. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. To see the reference photo, scroll down a couple posts.

I found this very hard to photograph without getting glare. And after looking at this pic online with a different monitor, I notice that my photo color is way off and is too dark.

I'm looking forward to starting a new painting in class tomorrow that is NOT a portrait!

1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Nancy, this turned out so well. I can tell you are truely loving this new medium. I'm looking forward to seeing the 'next' oil painting. Lovely!