Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ohio Winter

I found an old photo I took back in the mid-80's after a big snowstorm and thought it would be fun to paint. I decided to use Gamblin Fast Matte oil paint for this one.

Ohio Winter - Fast Matte oil, 5x7
Surprisingly, Ohio has had a very mild winter so far, so we haven't had to deal with big snow drifts, such as this. Very unusual.

I also recently purchased a new tiny pochade and wanted to give it a try. I purchased the Guerrilla Painter 5x7 Pocket Box pochade. It is so cute! Here it is shown within my larger, 9 x 12 Guerrilla Painter box.

And here it is shown with the panel I used for the painting above:

1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Oh my goodness ... these are soooo clean, they both look brand new. *wink. I'm only teasing cause you've told me what a neat freak you are with your paints.
The little Pocket Box is adorable. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it.

We had snow about a week ago ...8" here and yesterday I noticed we had little piles of snow here and there, but, now with only rain and a warmer temperature it will all be gone soon.

Nice painting ... looks very cold!