Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Plein Air Exhibit - A Breath of Fresh Air

I have two paintings exhibited in the Breath of Fresh Air show at High Road Gallery. I ran over with a co-worker at lunchtime to see the exhibit before the reception and award ceremony on Sunday (it gets so packed that it is hard to see the artwork at the reception!).

I had her take a picture of me beside my paintings with my cellphone camera. It took pretty good pics!
Stop by and see the exhibit Wed-Sat, 12-4pm, until October 22.

5 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Great photo ! Love them both, but just maybe I like the bottom one most ....

Nancy L. Vance said...

Thanks! Yes, the bottom one is my favorite too. It was painted during the Garden Tour in late August. It was the second painting of the day and was much much better then the first one.....

Nancy L. Vance said...

.... then the first one painted that day...

Sand Hill Art said...

And there's your gray palette paper!

Nancy L. Vance said...

Actually, in my new painting box instead of palette paper, I cut a piece of plexi-glass and painted the backside in a nice grey. Then I taped it into the box so I could take it out to clean it, if needed. Some people silicone it to the box, but I wanted to be able to remove/replace it.