Sunday, June 28, 2009

Worthington Pastels

Today, I worked on some paintings that I hope will be good enough to be included in a fundraiser for the Worthington Area Art League. Members were asked to create artwork which included scenes from Worthington to be recreated in 4.25 x 5.5 inch note cards. The selection committee will be meeting in mid-July.

The first one I really like. This is a view of the village square. I took the photo a couple weeks ago when the plein air group painted there.

'Worthington Village Pine', 8 x 10, soft pastels on suede mat board

The photo is below:

Below is a photograph of a historic home on the square. I'm sorry, I don't know the history of it, but I know it is a well known home that everyone can recognize by the teal blue paint.

Here is my version. I'm not too sure if I will enter this one. Its kinda juvenile. I'm not strong on painting architecture. This was painted on another piece of the golden mat board coated with clear gesso.
'The Blue House', 10 x 8, soft pastels on gold mat board coated with clear gesso.

No comments: