Wednesday, July 02, 2008

New Class, New Medium



I am taking a new class this month, as a break from watercolors. The Delaware Arts Castle offered a class of "Plein Air in the Parks" with Angela Gage. We are meeting at a couple brand new parks in Delaware County. Last night, we were at Gallant Woods Nature Preserve. I decided to try my hand at pastels again. Its been nearly 35 years (WHAT?? has it been that long??) since I used pastels in high school. Angela has experience with pastels and she was very helpful getting me started again. Some of the other students used oils, pastels, and watercolors.

Here is what I accomplished and the photo I took of the scene. The paper is orange and you can see, it is not finished. I need to try to be less detailed and get larger swathes of color down.

No comments: